Tuesday, July 1, 2014

$55 dollars creates a loyal customer



In May of 2012 I decided I would ride a bike to Orlando, Florida from Carmel, Indiana.

I decided I would would do it for four non-profits. Multiple Myeleoma Cancer, International Reading Association, The Prospect House ( AA rehab in Cincinnati) and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

Each one of those has impacted me, a relative or a dear friend.

Riding the bike was a vision like I have said, but being educated on the needs of cycling is what I had too seek out in order to accomplish my vision, but it was written down so I called it a goal.

My bike was a titanium Roark bike, made here in Indiana.

Customer service, correction outstanding customer service landed me at Amway Center in Orlando.

I went from zero miles to 2,000 miles in 150 days all because of superior customer service.

Day one I rode 1 mile--my rear end was sore, shorts and a sleeves cut shirt right here in my neighborhood. No gloves,gym shoes--but I did have a helmet on, the shop sold me, and it fit my pumpkin head....It was 55 dollars but they had it in my size on the first go around....

This is how my journey began with a purchase of a helmet and that was it---for I did not even have the Roark bike yet, I had a late 90'3 Raleigh bike just to see if my two knee surgeries could take the impact.

The bike shop (basically said ) we will watch you dollars and see if you can handle the early rides--- $55 dollars was the grand total I had invested in a bike ride.....Because a shop was looking out for me as a person and not a sale.....

I love my shop--day 1 forged a friendship forever.....day one was two years ago and two weeks ago we bought my daughters new Cannondale MTB there---I am a loyal customer.


No comments:

Post a Comment