Thursday, July 17, 2014

Knowledge, Business and Abraham Lincoln....Be on top of your game at all times---learn and learn.


"Great place to keep your bike in good shape,get advice on accessories or places to ride. Knowledgeable staff and quick turn around on repairs."---Robert S. via Google Reviews on Allspeed Cyclery & Snow, Portland ME.

Knowledge----facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

I thoroughly enjoy these types of reviews on businesses---they hit on a key element on why they are successful and why they bond with customers..The fine art of studying, research and awareness of their products.




The picture above is of cycle that is apparent at this bicycle shop, it is the craft of gaining knowledge, retaining the knowledge, sharing the knowledge and learning more knowledge----it keeps going like a figure 8---it never stops. Equipment, accessories, frames, helmets, customers etc.....all change.

But change is good, it keeps you on top of your A game--if not you will be a B+ then a B then a B-....WE as a thriving business don't want to slip into a vortex and scramble to get out of it because we were too lazy to stay abreast of news effecting our department or customers.

Read, go to seminars, take a on-line course, attend meetings, clubs, community events and watch this cycle continue and continue which can/will lead to more customers which leads to more money.

Here I am watching the Tour De France and I just learned about how an accident was preventable--I know I don't know it all--plus know it alls fail to learn...They cap themselves, so don't be a capper(no such word--invented it)

So as the weekend starts--what are you going to learn this weekend that you can apply to your business?

I was at the Abraham Lincoln museum in Springfield, Illinois today with my daughter---3 hour road trip...Listened to 1/2 a audio book there yesterday and back today.

Great trip with her--and we learned about the importance of never giving up on a dream--he didn't...To see the timeline of his failures and accomplishments was quit impressive---he stood his ground through his passion for being thoroughly educated on his chosen topic--PEOPLE...


1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Serger: I am a psychiatrist in western NC and found your blog and was struck by the brain picture you have on this post. I have 2 blogs of my own (penandpsychiatrist.com and thementalhealthreformblog.com on WordPress.org) and will be starting a podcast soon if I can get the mystic arts of podcasting figured out. Anyway I will be needing a 'branding thumbnail icon' on my podcast site and really liked this brain image. Is is in public domain or do you know where I might find the artist and buy publishing rights to it. It was on Pinterest and the link led me here. Frank Miller MD

    ReplyDelete