Saturday, July 12, 2014

Ride my bicycle, ride it again--that is all I wanted to do.









"I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle; I want to ride my bicycle; I want to ride my bike; I want to ride my bicycle; I want to ride it where I like...; I don't believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein or Superman; All I wanna do is bicycle, bicycle, bicycle..."
Freddie Mercury~ Queen 

While I was out hitting the pavement preparing for my first century ride of a life time, all I could think about was going out and getting in my miles--during work that is all I though about, eating dinner, watching a movie--all I could think about was riding my road bike and preparing for my journey to Florida.....

My local bicycle shop said hit the road, hit the road, and when you want to stop keep going--drink water, refuel with proper nutrition and hit the road again--do it again and again--keep going October will be here soon--You have got too effectively push yourself to do more--and more I did.

In 5 months I went from zero miles to 1400 miles logged in the books(all training)--my wife, my kid, my parents, my friends, my co-workers thought I was crazy pushing this hard....But I was smart, I started off slow--2 miles on my first day ever riding a bike in 20 years(Bike shop told me do 2 miles) so I did. Next day on their advise I did 3, then on to 5, then on to 10 then to 10 then to 10 then to 12, then to 12, then to 8, then to 15, then to 10, then to 17, then to 12, then to 15, then to 20----and that is how the local bicycle shop trained me to do my training...

Like a roller coaster; high, low, low,low, high, low, add, low, add, high, low, add , low, high, add---and that is how I built up to do my first century ride in less than  60 days......

I could not have asked for a better customer driven store than my bicycle shop--they were behind me all the way as a newbie(no clue I was riding to Florida) they were helping me build muscle, endurance and a passion for a new sport---I was all IN because they made me feel like I could achieve anything--awesome cheerleaders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment