Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tour De France starts today---passion all started at a little bicycle shop---customer service.



"I came here when shopping for my third bike, a road bike. The staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about their products. They listened intently to my needs as a cyclist to ensure I had a bike that met my needs. Their sales are pretty awesome and support for products great. I also took advantage of their BG Fit service, which made a remarkable difference in making my bike work best for me." Nathan N. Via Google Review of Mikes Bikes of San Francisco.

Well as any sports fan, cycling nut knows today is the start to the greatest cycling event in the world. It is the start of grueling ups and downs, cutting through the country sides and breath taking scenery...I can feel the rush and the adrenalin from the t.v and the coverage on NBC is outstanding.

But those riders had to start somewhere, had to forge a relationship  with a local bicycle shop somewhere down the road. Riders from all over the world strolled into a shop and were taken back by the awesome array of cycling tools, cycling lingo, cycling knowledge and the passion of the sport.

A employee gave them first class customer service, which turned into a loyal customer and loyal advocate for the sport. The chatter of purchasing a carbon fiber frame, the Zipp wheels, the Sram Red crank set......The taping of the handle bars. The purchase of new shoes, helmet, Cliff Bars, Kona Bars, Hammer Nutrition, the socks, the sleeves, the cycling jersey, the old hats with flip up visor. 

I can still remember buying my first 10 speed bike--for I was all pumped up back in the 80's---I even had a little hanging back under the seat...

So while I am watching the program today, I will be thinking of my first interaction with a bicycle shop---while you are watching today think back to when it all started. What reeled you in? Who gave the guidance you needed for your love of the sport? Who gave your bike the first tune up? 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment