Wednesday, July 30, 2014

One bad review---17 five stars, customer service should thrive all the time...



"Seriously? Just like how hells kitchen goes to restaurants and does make-overs I wish he'd stop here and does a serioussss make-over to this shop. Has a lot of NICE bikes but the customer server SUCKS! I walked in for about 10minutes looking at these beautiful bikes and NO one helped me out. So I thought to myself maybe it's best I go up to them and ask for help. I went up to one of the guys and asked for help instead of helping me out he was way too busy eating his food so he just kept talking with his mouth full of food haha and pointed fingers of which way to go. How does a kid get a job like that? so far I've checked out about 6 bike places and honestly this IS THE WORSE. don't waste your time unless you already know about bikes and know which bike you want 
to buy."

The above is an actual quote of a bicycle shop--you can just feel the anger in the tone it is written and in the grammar, plus miss spelled words.

However, I understand their pain and the frustration--who is to blame???? Well it is all starts at the top, what is felt there rolls down hill and gains speed after speed until a customer has to deal with it, as this one did.

Three sentences stand out--

The bike shop is nice, but service is horrible. 
No one helped me out.
Eating food and pointing.

Okay obviously as stated this is a young kid--which I am all for in today's  environment, at least he has a job--AWESOME. So lets look beyond the review and see how we can change this shop into customers first.

1. Train young employees on the mission of the bike shop---people first.
2. Educate ALL employees that it is okay to eat at the counter-top, but when a customer comes in, stand up and hit the floor.
3. NO POINTING--my mom taught me that at age 10, and is still valid today..Rude. Get up and walk with them.
4. Give people what you want to mirror--be a reflection of you. If you want excellent service, then give it back.

"All I can see is that the service is great. Had a flat, and I was in and out in ten minutes. Have been back for service several times and they have always been accommodating and professional. Highly recommend."

Above is a review from the same bicycle shop--and it has 17 more similar reviews with the same tone. 


The two reviews are the complete opposite----As a small business owner, and any business for that matter we have one shot, one chance to give excellent service to new customers--it is our time to shine and put into motion all the tools we were given by the owners to exceed customers expectations and hook them, reel them in, to create a thriving interaction with them.

However, shouldn't we be doing this all the time?--I know my bike shop does, my dentist does, my daughters school--all say hi, shake hands, give off a electric zap to me. I feel the passion.....Even my local butcher radiates with passion--

Remember one bad spell does not reflect the persona of the business--two or three, then YES!


No comments:

Post a Comment