Monday, July 14, 2014

Bike shop creates a loyal customer.


"I made a huge mistake buying a bike two sizes too big...because it was the last 2012 model and 20% off. After riding the lake trails, talking with friends and one sever shoulder injury later...I realized my mistake. The guys up at Bike One OKC, were extremely understanding and gracious. They let me trade the old bike in for full credit toward the correct sized mountain bike, which they expertly fitted my too. I paid extra and upgraded to the Superfly 100 elite. I cannot say enough how impressed I am, this bike shop was willing to do whatever it took to fix my situation. They now have a customer for life and I will recommend them to all my friends and family. Thanks Bike One!!"--- Andrew F. review via Google on Bike One--Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 


I am all for saving money--as the reviewer above did on an older model bicycle. 20% off that is a impressive savings considering the price of a new quality bike of any kind. Eyes as big a watermelons is how I would see this customer--here a bike they want is reduced and on an instinct they grabbed it and off they went not realizing the bike was way too big.

Now this is where the good are separated by the GREAT--The shop took upon themselves to take the bike back as a full credit and apply those dollars towards a bike that actually fit the customer--and a proper fitting was conducted. #1 rule in biking is making sure the bike fits your height and no pressure put on knees, shoulder(as noted), butt, wrists, elbows etc....

First off a customer walked in and walked out with a item--second the customer realized they made a mistake, buying on a whim and not thinking about the science behind a quality fitting. Third customer comes back and honestly explains what transpired and WHAMMMMMMMO! this is where true customer service, people first concept kicks in. The shop takes the bike back, creates a new purchase and makes a customer for life through good old fashion customer service.

The payoff, did the customer tell their friends? I will say yes, did they write a review? The answer again is yes. They are on the roof tops telling the world what took place.....

Now this is a bike shop in Oklahoma, and a small business at that. But the message is clear and conscience. Put people before dollars and watch the dollars come back on the back end---it is a awesome cycle to be a part of--do it over, over and over again. 5,000 plus bike shops in the US and growing, but customer service is still alive and well all over--and this review nails what creating that experience can do for you and your business.


No comments:

Post a Comment