Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bond, James Bond------- creating a connection with customers


BOND---join or be joined securely to something else, typically by means of an adhesive substance, heat, or pressure.

The first day I walked into a bicycle shop in May of 2012 I felt a bonding experience...I felt this employee was looking out for me, looking out for the needs of his shop and looking out for the key ingredient of customer service--PEOPLE. 

Every single time I placed my foot in the door I felt a connection with them all---pull my foot out and it was still there, put it back in and the bond was still strong and I had only been there one time.

Every single time I walked in they said welcome with a hearty smile, got off the seat walked up and with a hand shake always said hello..

I traveled and trained for 5 months for my bicycle adventure of a life time--Indiana to Florida...I did it in 150 days, zero miles to 2000 miles all because of a bicycle shop that I connected with, that I fused with.

Today I still have that bond, that adhesive is still as strong as it was nearly two years ago---My daughters bike was purchased there two weeks ago, along with a new helmet....I stop in just to say hello. I see the riders on the evening trek through my neighborhood--300 strong, they all are there because of a bond, a niche in business that keeps me and thousands of others coming back again and again--wanting more.

I would say I am an addict for this business, for bicycle shops, bicycle community and good wholesome bonding the store creates....This goes on at ALL bicycle shops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment