Friday, July 11, 2014

Bike shop creates a customer from the ground up---EXPERTS!


http://jimserger.com/1033/

In spring of 2012 I decided I would ride a bicycle from Indiana to Florida for 4 non-profit groups.

The true statement of this is that I did not have a clue as to what I needed for a jaunt or adventure like this--but a local bicycle shop built me up from nothing to something. I forged the most powerful bond any business could ask for. Today nearly two years later my bond is even stronger than before. I feel a part of the inner circle of the shop, I feel the harvest of a key friendship, I feel a fraternity bond, a platoon type feeling with them all--from the owner to the mechanic to the salesman to the weekend summer college help...I speak so highly of them as if they were in my wedding, or old high school friends or college buddies or even old shipmates on the high seas.

It is funny how people cross paths having never known each other before and like a snap of the fingers a connection that lasts forever is created. I am not a pro cyclist, I work 50 + hours a week, I am a husband for 15 years, I have a ten year old little girl and this year is my 25th high school reunion. I was 41 when I took this trek, 41 with two knee surgeries,  and I looked like a fire hydrant on a tiny bike at the begin of training.

The picture above is of the 6th day on the road, I was 26 pound lighter, still at 220 when hitting the road--one of my friends said. "I feel sorry for the bike." But nearly 6 months of training was in the books when I hit the road running.....I only dreamed of riding this far, but because of a bond with a bicycle shop I was able through little goals make this dream come true....All because of some serious customer service provided by a bicycle shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment