Thursday, July 24, 2014

Go the EXTRA mile in customer service---create a returning customer.


"My little girl's cheap pink bike had a broken brake lever, so I took it here for repair, somewhat concerned that they'd scorn a trashy bike like this. The repair guy said he didn't have that part in stock, but he pointed out the number on the bike I could call to get a free replacement part sent to me. I was like, "Really?" But I called the number and it was true, and the part's on its way. Then he showed me how I could fix it myself when the part arrived. This helpful advice was all free! He also tightened the chain for free. I'll be sure to use this shop for future repairs and purchases. I hope they eventually charge me for something, since I want to support this very helpful shop."


FREE----okay, it was not free....Nothing and I mean nothing is for free; but the way I see it the leader of this store, owner, the boss, senior management gave this employee FREE reign to give customers free advice. Which in return created a new customer, which created this awesome review of a business, explaining the core of the business--PEOPLE. 

The customer states that I hope they charge me for something--well when you return to purchase a new bike, helmet then they will charge you for it.....Giving a little keen advice goes a long way in creating trust with the business and the customer....Why do you think airlines give away peanuts and pretzels--it is not for free, but a comfort item. It is built into the bill of the ticket, or the bag fee.

In this case a FREE moment will create a future purchase, which will create a chitter chatter among their friends.

Bike shops have been around for years, why is that???.......They put people first and create a positive engagement....

A small business is very niche oriented, how ever giving customer more than they bargain for is also applicable to big business as well..Connect with them, engage with them, walk the line with them, and be there for them....ALL small little steps that separate the fly by nights to the stable ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment