Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Beer, Coffee and Bikes---offering customers more!



"Fantastic food, coffee, and beer wrapped into a bike shop. One of our buddies told us we needed to check it while we were in Denver and it blew our doors off. Cool place, great vibe."  MTB C via Google Review on Denver Bicycle Cafe


A recommendation comes to fruition--better than an ad in the paper or magazine.... Being different stands out among the crowd---but just not coffee, beer or cafe style....BIKE shop as well--very cool concept, connecting with so many customers and still clinging to the theme of cycles.

"Great place for bikers! Pump up your tires and have great coffee!!!"-- A.T. via Google Reviews of Denver Bicycle Shop

"I brought my bike it to have the rear caliper serviced. I had the parts and was unable to do it myself because the seal that was bad was missing. They did they best they could with what I gave them but couldn't replace that seal. At that point I was a little disappointed. I wanted them to find the solution. They then attempted to do a final bleed and could not get the system to hold pressure. They then contacted the manufacturer and negotiated replacing my entire hydraulic brake setup under warranty (outside of warranty) due to a defect. They still have my bike, waiting on the new system, I'm sure they'll do a fine job as they have already proven to be thorough. They have exceeded my expectations and will be getting repeat business and referrals based on this experience. They really came through for me." J.G. via Google reviews of Denver Bicycle Shop

All three reviews brings into the idea of giving more to customers, instead being one minded...This works for some business but not well for others. All three reviews come from customers seeking a different service the shop provides---coffee shop, beer and bicycling. One can bring in new customers and can generate more chit chat around town.

Very cool concept that seems to electrify new and existing customers to come in for more, or walk in for the first time.

I am a huge bicycle shop fan, as a matter of fact I stopped by my local one today--it just blows me away that I stop up there without buying anything, I just walk in and they all say hello---shake hands, ask how my wife is,my daughter is, how is work going? etc.......I ask them how business is, we talk about new bikes out, talk about the community and I always learn what is going on around town with cycling--they just had RAIN--race across Indiana--very cool, 1300 riders involved.....Bikes and shop I just love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment