Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Loyal customer and a bike shop

What is about a bicycle that awes people! Do they love riding for fun or for the scenery? Do they love the idea of just being outside among mother nature and the beauty she displays? Is it the exercise, the community of riding with others?

I really love reading and listening to others speak about the world of bicycles and the spectrum of reasons people ride--it is inspiring, moving and most of all fun to hear why they enjoy riding. Whether for extracurricular activity, team sport, local community ride or just as a family to hit up local ice-cream parlor.

Over the past two years I have developed a relationship with my local bicycle shop--an agape relationship....
To sum it up, it is like hitting up the local barber shop years ago, or a Cheers type atmosphere. It is a very energetic place, good conversation, good espresso. But most of all it is good, excuse me GREAT people I interact with. I feel comfortable going there, sometimes I have no reason to stop in, but I do just to say hello--check up on latest technology, equipment or latest hot topic on the cycling circuit.

A business where customers just stop in, drop by, says a lot for the environment the business displays.

Tomorrow we are taking my daughter up to the bike shop to purchase her first BIG girl bike. It will be a rewarding experience for her, they enjoy her energy and love of the sport--but most of all I and my family enjoy the shop for more than bikes.......They are a part of my community, they are engaged in making a difference in the cycling/bike community here in my home town.

Cycling, mountain bikes, road bikes, cycle-cross, TT bikes are sold up there--but tomorrow my daughter will get her first REAL bike, one with a fitting, exact measurements, correct foot placement and she will roll out of there felling like a million bucks.

She is a happy little 10 year old and tomorrow I am, WE are loyal customers to a business that sees us as people and not a money maker--they put customers/patrons first and profit second...

On your next purchase see if the business is happy to see you and are you seen as a loyal customer or a walking dollar bill?

Biking makes me happy---but superb customer service makes me an evangelist for any business.

No comments:

Post a Comment