Sunday, June 22, 2014

Awesome customer service equals lifelong customer..

"I cannot say enough great things about my experience there today. The associate that helped me out was fantastic. He clearly cared about helping me find the exact bike that was right for me. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy a bike when I went in; I was really just wanting to get an idea of cost. Ray showed me several bikes, took his time with me, and explained everything about the bikes and what I could expect from each one. After riding a couple, I thought I had found the bike that I wanted, and then he said that my posture still made him think that the bike was too small for me, even though it was a large bike (I'm 6'4"). He went back inside and brought out one of the biggest bikes they have. As soon as I got on it, I knew it was the perfect bike for me. Ray's knowledge, patience, and desire to help me find the exact bike I was looking for was completely fantastic. He just earned Bicycle Sport Shop a lifelong customer." By M. Lawson via Google Reviews....

Okay so here we are on the second day of summer and I have decided to write about yet another evangelist of awesome customer service..."Surprise, surprise, surprise" as Gomer Pyle would say.I know old show, but still proven relative to today's business market.

Are we really that surprised as to what the review has to say?  I would say NO! Fifty, thirty, even twenty five years ago; but I would say YES! as of today. Why is that? Well I think we are in such a rush that when we are given over the top service we spread the word around and we WANT others to know
we appreciate their willingness to put me first before profit.....

Bicycle shops all across the globe are seen and are being felt as doing this--I have read hundreds of reviews and I see the same message being broadcast all over the place. Sure there are some bad experiences, but I feel reviews are the best way to fix any small hiccup in any business....We are given notes and we can (if choose) react to that in a positive manner and offer a lesson or two on how to handle each customer differently..

Of course it is hard to react to a last minute request, but most businesses do a good job at explaining--however some customers (small percentage) don't see it that way.....so of course their mistake, their fault is documented for know other reason than to shift the blame from them to the business.....Pretty stupid, but as a society we are like that...NO accountability for our mistakes, just shift the blame and take it out on others. 

But the review above of the bike shop--is the core of all small and large businesses....Putting others first, explaining through knowledge, wisdom and of course through the art of I have been there before and I can assure you I am helping you out.

AWESOME customer service is not purchasing something big; just the correct screws for a deck can mean the world. It is the craft of communication, bonding and connecting with the consumer in a positive fashion. It gives the consumer the notion of WE are here for YOU; not the other way around--which then creates a loyal and jubilant customer...Happy to come back again and tell a few friends---which turns into $$$$ because of people first attitude. 

We can learn a ton from bicycle shops--there are over 5,000 just in the United States. That is 5,000 small businesses that are flourishing because of excellent customer service...

No comments:

Post a Comment