Saturday, June 14, 2014

Bike shop knowledge---WISDOM.

"Wonderful service - they didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need (I only bought what I came in for). They told me everything I needed to do to service my own bike. Super friendly. Price was very reasonable."

"Great place. Knowledgeable staff. Great mechanics."

Above are two actual reviews of a bicycle shop in Bloomington, Indiana....

KNOWLEDGE---facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.


Knowledge is the "facts", "information" and "skills" as defined above in the meaning of the word.

However knowledge is more than smarts on a topic, it's the understanding how to apply what you know to those who don't understand with perfection of information.

I am a huge advocate for bicycle shops---they have the knowledge, most if not all employees have been there, done that....RAAM rides, trails, biked across the state, numerous century rides, recreational, ridden in groups, and ALL have been a part of a bicycle shop environment.

Bike shops; like the one I am affiliated with,  sell more than bikes--they offer wisdom.

Buying a bike is more than $$$$$$ dollars being exchanged, it is exchanging goods and services for a price.

You can purchase a bike as well as groceries at a store, you can buy a bike as well as hamster food at a store.

YOU will not, and I repeat you will not get the service of knowledge that comes along with the goods......The knowledgeable staff will not come along with it, the fitting will not come along with it, the atmosphere will not be there, the community aspect will not be gained and the friendships forged will never be created...

Knowledge of a product is a key ingredient in business, it is the life line and core of all transactions taking place.....Be smart where you buy a bike...It still applies as well

No comments:

Post a Comment