Thursday, June 12, 2014

Customer service and the future---not today, but next year.

As many of you are aware I am a huge customer service evangelist, I love the art and craft of giving others more than they expect....kind of a WOW! moment.

Well yesterday was that WOW moment.....My ten year old moved up to a young women mountain bike.

Of course I went to local bicycle shop with her and my wife--we looked for 5 minutes and sure enough the staff jumped right in and helped out with sheer enthusiasm....But they always deliver that to me and other customers all the time.

But what transpired next was for the FUTURE...

85 days left till summer is over and back to school, so they knew that she was going to grow fast over next three years, so with their knowledge of cycling they suggested get a bigger bike--a women bike in a smaller category.....They said "She will grow into it."

They could have sold her a bike for the year, but they sold US a bike for the next three to four years...

That is CUSTOMER SERVICE at its peak.......They were watching out for our best interest and for our wallet...

I just enjoy the craft this business displays at all times---people first, profit second....

But it is not only me, thousands of people shop here and are given the same epic performance all the time.

The Broadway show Wicked  is traveling all over the US and the show is given excellent reviews. Well this bicycle shop is just like a Broadway show to me--they deliver an excellent performance day in and day out.....they always meet my expectations and give more encore performances all the time...

Visit your bike shop and see what I am talking about---this guy is a loyal customer....and a Evangelist of all bike shops..you are delivered more than a bike, you are delivered an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment