Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Moving parts--thousands of them, bike shops understand.

"Very helpful, good service . This is the [local] shop I choose to support. Not pushy trying to sell you something. I purchase most of my stuff online but for parts and service this is the place I go."

As the photo clearly shows, there are a ton of parts that make up a road bike. 

The above quote is from a real bicycle shop--he/she claims they buy on line--strike one......However I am for saving money, but WE must watch where and who we purchase from. Make sure they are approved, make sure they are legitimate and for sure make sure they stand by their sales with a return policy.

Moving parts--well that is the nature of a road bike, MTB, cruiser, cycle-cross and so on on the bicycle scene. 

Bicycle shops have the knowledge to understand complicated issues and something so easy as white lighting oil for a chain.  

I am a huge advocate for getting to know your local bicycle shop--as a matter of fact I stopped by mine today; for no other reason, but to say hello--I love the connection I have with them. They are a part of my family, not really but I feel so comfortable stopping in and chewing the fat. 

If you ride a bike no matter what kind, visit your local shop..............They provide more than bikes; they are a part of the community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment