Monday, August 18, 2014

Bike shop--WE understand our customers---we bike as well and love it.


"The Berlin Bicycle staff is made up of cyclists who enjoy and appreciate the diversity found in the sport today.  We all started out riding just for fun and our bikes were as humble as our intentions.  What has changed today?  Not much…  We all still ride for the pure enjoyment and we have not forgotten the beginnings, which have held some of the best memories.  Our mission is to pass the enjoyment of cycling on to you and to be helpful, especially to those who are just starting out.
In addition, we are all mechanics here.  This provides you a unique experience were the people who sell you the product also use it and maintain it on a daily basis." Via Berlin Bike website---

This is so typical of a bicycle shop---made up of cyclists who enjoy the sport......
This is what separates mega stores from BIKE SHOPS.....
We are ALL Mechanics who work here...
Once again this is what separates mega stores from BIKE SHOPS.....

I will never forget the day I had to purchase my helmet before I even started training for my 2000 mile journey--I went to the mega store, because I thought they were cheaper---I looked over the selection and asked a clerk walking by if they carried XXL, he said ---If you don't see it then we don't have in the back either, then he walked away...

So where do you think I went back too? You guessed it, my local bicycle shop---upon entering a young lady in her cycling outfit said may I help you? With that I said I need a helmet, she led me over to the arrangement of equipment , looked at my head and said try this on....One shot, one look over, one glance and I had the helmet I needed. 

Berlin Bike is a niche shop---providing a service to cyclists; newbies, veterans and families. But the core to this shop and the 5,000 plus across the U.S. is that they understand the sport of cycling--they have been through it, they do it, they live it.......So the next time you need a piece of equipment, ask yourself are you going cheap or are you going for quality service---which generates a superb experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment