Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bike shop --- more than a sale, an experience and friendship.



Buying online vs a store----where do you go????

Well to tell you the truth I do both, I can't tell a lie.

I am a huge 6PM fan, Zappos fan and of course Amazon as well.

However, what do I buy online vs going to the store?

I have bought toiletries online, jeans online, backpacks(back to school), shoes, boots, snacks--well basically small stuff that I know will all work out in the end...

Now, when it comes to items I don't know very much about--I hit the brick and mortar store---Best Buy, Dick's, Target, Barnes and Noble and an array of others.

Why--I like to see first hand what I am buying--computer, must gain knowledge and the only way is to be on hand with the staff at Best Buy---insulating my house, I better head up to Home Depot and ask questions--get a feel of what all is needed, feel good about my decision and gain a new perspective on the project I am going to tackle.

The BIKE shop next to my house is the same--I will head up there and talk about carbon-fiber bikes, weekly schedules for rides around town, gain knowledge about new products. I see the new shoes, helmets, tubes, tires, stems. I speak to the staff and they shed light on my needs.

The one thing that stands out about brick and mortar to me is the interaction between me and the store--customer service and positive interaction that transpires while I am there--I am a loyal customer towards certain stores, because they put me first. They just don't point and say aisle 4 and walk away--

Here is a review of a bike shop that resonates with me and the millions whom buy local vs online.

"So much better than buying online. Great at meeting your exact needs and good salespeople, but they don't mind you coming to the shop just to hang out."  Joe K. Via Google reviews on La Dolce Velo Bicycle Shop. San Jose, CA. 

The review nails it--customer feeling the bond of the business, receiving so much more than just a sale or transaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment