Sunday, September 30, 2012

Last day of the month--20 days left.

http://www.jimserger.com/1033/

 Yesterday I was out and about all over Carmel--I did 28 miles yesterday and today I will shooting for 40. I took a week off, then climbing back up slowly back to 150 miles for later in the week in one day. Yesterdays ride takes me to 1178 miles since beginning this quest on June 19th. I have learned a ton about biking--I have gone from 0-100 on the knowledge scale in the last 100 plus days, and still getting educated.
     The key to the ride is not about what I am getting ready too do, the key is what others do for people in need. Cancer, literacy, suicide, and addictions. Educators, professors, teachers, doctors, nurses, volunteers, mom's, dad's, brother's, sister's--all of them are helping others in these four causes of the ride all the time.
   Not just yesterday, or today but tomorrow , next year and 30 years from today-people will still be lending others their time, effort, attention and their love. I feel great ever single time I go out and bike--it puts me in another mind set, like it is game day. My thoughts are about the people I am riding for, the groups that are searching to find a cure for cancer. The groups that are at a round table searching for the answer on how to touch others on the importance of reading. The staff talking about how they succeed on keeping someone from drinking alcohol for one day, or the members talking about how a young person called in for help about potential suicide, and how they walked them through staying alive and getting help
  On going funds are what keeps these programs alive and well--sheer determination, and sheer heart is why these four programs do so well. YOU may never have heard of them, you may not need them. But, down the road someone dear to you may. Please join me in donating to our ride for others. A ride that can give someone  the vision to stay happy and healthy, for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment