Saturday, September 8, 2012

September 7 and 8th

So yesterday, Friday I did not need to be at work till 11 am--so got little girl on the bus at 7:45 then changed into outfit and off on a 20 mile bike ride-- very  humid out, rain was heading in. Said we could get 2 inches here in central Indiana--and back home at 9 and cut grass, straighten up house--then shower and off to work, was  there by 10:50.--I was there until 10:15 at night--then back home and up and at them this morning at 3 am to get ready for work--then there at 5 and stayed until 1:30 back home--saw family--then on too a 30 mile bike ride--came back ate dinner as a family and then off to the local festival with wife and little girl--

But what struck me today as I was riding were the clouds looked like the ones from Simpsons cartoon--real bright blue sky and white fluffy clouds--very cool to be riding today--very windy--but it felt great 72 degrees just perfect.

As I was crossing a busy intersection there were 2 policeman with cars and lights on--there was a bike ride here in Carmel for MS--great ride I am sure--but, it is not only me making a difference for others--there are millions of people who STEP UP AND PLAY BIG--but not in anything else but giving their time and energy back too those who need our help--I am sure the police were happy too assist with the traffic--and I am sure the locals here in Carmel were happy with the event--For the BMW Championship is going on here as well--bringing money into the local community as well.--Tiger Woods, Jeff Overton, Ernie Ells, Vijah Singh, and others brought people into Carmel for this grand round of golf.

As I rode today I was thinking about my ride with my neighbor Scott Golden--we are just two normal dad's -- nothing famous about us--but we both see that giving back to those who help others is what our ride is all about. My dad would not be sober if it were not for the Prospect House, neither would 6,200 other men who have gone through it--dad's, husbands, brothers, sons--all reunited with family and friends because of that program--it costs $59 dollars per man, per day to house, shelter, feed and provide education, knowledge and guidance on addictions. They also provide dental and medical care if needed--also land those men a job in society--they are giving men hope and giving them structure and meaning to this world.
My dad is my buddy--friend, he is grandpa, dad and husband because of this house.

The roll that people play in giving others HOPE is huge--we all need a little hope in our lives and this ride is about giving hope to others who have, or will face adversity in their lives--cancer, addictions, suicide and literacy. All four need our help, need our help to help others.

So please join US in giving back and making a donation so that this can help resolve another family facing adversity.

Click on the link for more information and a way to make a donation   my goal is 100,000 so any donation is greatly appreciated.  http://jimserger.com/1033/

Remember tell someone you love them today--

No comments:

Post a Comment