Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 12th

I was in the zone today--up and them at 6:45, kid and I ate breakfast together--on the bus she went at 7:45 and I changed into burrito man--well my cycling outfit. I feel weird in those, but it sure does feel better than t-shirt and shorts. On the road today at 8;15 and i headed out--it was a cool morning here in Indiana, around 60 or so this morning--but it felt better than 30 days ago when it was 85 at that time.
  Today I was planning on doing 150 miles--then do it again tomorrow. I do a 30 miles stretch then come back home, eat, bathroom, fill water bottles and back on the streets in 15 minutes--I did well it took me 4 hours to do 60 miles, with all the stop signs, waiting on traffic I thought I did pretty well today. When I hit the streets at 12:30 everything was going fine first half a mile--then I cut through a new neighborhood being built--which has taken 6 years to fill up. But they are building at a snail pace, but building is good--I saw a bobcat lifting sod's of grass up in front, he was in middle of the street then taking up to house--well as I approached he decided too stop right in the middle of the road--pick up trucks too the left and right and I had to slam on the breaks, then I got right foot out of the clips and I cut the bottom of my ankle open--about 6 inch gash in there. I was furious--I held my composure and headed on ride--I looked down and blood was running down ankle a little, so pushed on. I made it a 26  mile loop instead of 30 and when I got back ankle was feeling weird. So I called it a day.
  Tomorrow I will do 150--and this will be the first time I have pushed it this hard back to back--getting ready for October 20th. My friend who is a professional bike rider--said don't reach the top till you are ready to go--great advice so after tomorrow i will go back down too 40 miles a day for 10 days then go back to 150 back to back in 2 weeks.
  It is hard too believe that in just 38 days I begin the journey of a life time--but the four groups that I am riding for give so much too so many and THEY need our help, and that includes everyone.  We may not need them now, we may not need them in 10,20,30 years--but along the road us or someone dear to us will need one of them to help. Teachers, professors, counselors, Doctor's , nurses-- all of the those are affiliated with the four groups --and all need our help.
Please visit my web site on how to donate, and how to give back
http://www.jimserger.com/1033/   Thanks Jim Serger

No comments:

Post a Comment