Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 15,16,17 and 18 September 3,4,5,and 6th

It was a pretty crazy week here in Indiana--rain Saturday, Sunday and Monday--I did get a ride in on Wednesday  36 miles in 2 1/2 hours. My best time yet, then it was off to Cincinnati too do a radio interview with WVXU on the bike ride. It was great to be back to my home town, but had to do interview and head home--2 hour drive took me 4 hours at 45 mph in rain all the way home.
  Around Cincinnati is the name of the show that had me on--we talked about the Prospect House one of the causes I am riding for--as well as Multiple Myeloma Cancer, American Foundation for Suicide prevention and International Reading Association.
  All four groups have touched my life in one way or another--
My father tried to take his own life--and his best friends daughter did in 2010 and the money raised will go in her name to Suicide Foundation.
I had not read a book in 20 years--then with my dad we told our true story in a book which was published and by reading andwriting the book it has helped not only us--but I love reading and in 30 months I have read 158 books.
The Prospect House is an addiction house in Cincinnati which has a 68% success rate in saving men and reuniting them with loved ones--my dad spent 18 months there--and they helped our family and 6,200 other ones in the last 39 years introduce alcohol and drug free men back into society.
My dad is a cancer survivor, I lost my grandma to breast cancer, my uncle to leukemia--and a friend of mine in Orlando has Multiple Myeloma Cancer--he has it in remission. Because of his passion, willpower and drive he got it that way. He is a man of great character, leadership and one who possess great vision and commitment to life, co-workers, family and friends--so my ride is for his foundation as well.
  It is 1033 miles from my house in Carmel, Indiana to Orlando, Florida. with the help of my door neighbor Scott Golden we should be able to do the ride in 8 days--or 9 depending on the weather and how we feel.
WE are trying to raise 100,000 dollars and divide that 25% evenly too all four.
Please click on the link below to learn more about how to donate and more information on our ride--I am going for another 30 miles tomorrow which will take my total too 933 miles in 70 days training--next week is the big test--2 ten hour days back to back to get ready for this quest.
http://jimserger.com/1033/

No comments:

Post a Comment