Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 13

Up at them again at 6:45--breakfast as usual with little girl and on the bus she went at 7:45--said goodbye to the wife, and off on the bike I went. shooting for as much as I could . the good thing was grandma was coming over to get her of the bus at 2:45 so I had all day to really push it.

that early in the morning, is getting a little darker than normal--and it is harder for motorist too see me, so I wore my bight US NAVY bicycling shirt--so they could see me, and it paid off I did not get cut off. I did the first 36 miles in 2 hours and 7 minutes, then took a 15 minute break. ate a 400 calorie protein bar, drank two glasses of Gatorade and back on the bike again. The I did the 30 mile loop in reverse too change things up and I did it in 2 hours 16 minutes--then hit the bathroom, at yogurt, peanuts and string cheese and two glasses of Gatorade. then I hit the 30 mile loop and added 4 miles on too it. taking all the way up to 8 hours on the bike--which is the first time I have done a century ride since August 1st and the first time I have done 186 miles in two days.

I felt pretty good out there today--so tomorrow I am off, doing a newspaper interview at 9 am with a Cincinnati paper. Saturday and Sunday I will do 30 miles a piece.

The one thing that really stood out today was that there were a ton of butterflies way up north of my house. About 25 miles north it is nothing but farm land, and I guess it is that time of the year. But what really got me is that I am riding for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention--and the person I am riding for is Shannon, and her sister created Shannon's Butterflies which all the money generated will go to AFSP in Shannon's name--

I believe it was her day, and this ride is but a small step too helping others who are thinking of suicide--and families who have to cope with the lost of  loved one. Every 40 seconds someone takes their life and every 41 seconds someone is asking why. Please join me in giving back through donations on my bike ride to help others who have gone through this tragedy and others who are coping too understanding this crisis.

Here is the donation page--any help would be a BIG help and all money goes straight to the cause.
http://jimserger.com/1033/

Thanks, Jim Serger Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment