Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bicycle Shop---Knowledge of a business can go a long way---Bike shops showing the way.


Knowledge!

This is one massive and respectable word in business.

What does knowledge mean?


facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.---

We think of professors, teachers, lawyers, doctors as being  knowledgeable--in a blink we find ourselves thinking  they are educated, and you are right.

But what about a business environment? 

My local bicycle shop is knowledgeable--but not just book smart, but street smart(no pun intended, but good timing)--they have been in the sport of cycling for years, the staff do evening rides, the staff have children whom ride and of course the have boy friends, girl friends and spouses whom ride as well. 

They understand as well as the other 5,000 bicycle shops across the US that knowledge of a business can give the customer in a blink of an eye the impression we know what we are talking about.

But then we kick in the afterburners and set them at ease, because we know the ins and outs of our business.

My biggest pet peeve is going to hardware store and asking a employee where an item is and they just point--then I head over and I can not find it--I am at the wrong end of the store.

Knowledge is driven by the leadership team, and also the sheer willingness to learn more.

Customer service and the art of customer loyalty and creating a customer for life has so many attributes--knowledge is just one of them and it works--be up to date, share information, listen well, recommend because YOU the business has the will to learn and share.

Super friendly and knowledgeable. It's refreshing to get advice that actually helps you make the right decision rather than just helping the business making the largest possible sale!
I'll definitely go back there for all my biking needs—Thomas D. Miami  review of The Miami Bike Shop

I don't think you can find a better bike shop in Miami. Everyone is friendly, knowledgeable and willing to help. Brought my bike in for service, and have purchased two bikes since then. They have great prices and quick service. Highly recommended!!!—Dr. Steven R. Miami, FL review of The Miami Bike Shop
I am a evangelist for bicycle shops---the service they provide in a boooooming sport--
I rode a bike from Indiana to Florida in 2012, I made it because of superior customer service.
They gave me such exceptional service I had to write a business book about bicycle shops and the art of customer service.

I am happy to announce it went up for pre-sale as of yesterday--here is the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment