Friday, September 5, 2014

Bicycle shop---Triathlon, bike shops offer excellent service on this topic.....



So I was up at my local bicycle shop--the ones who got me to Florida in 150 days having not been on a bike in 25 years--I stopped in to see what my chances are to do a triathlon in 11 months from today.

They looked at me and said "Jim, you are 43--bad knees, short and stocky--however with guidance and a the will to train you can do it, just not in record shattering time." 

Now I feel they are honest with me, so honest that two days later after I stopped in an chatted the bike mechanic--EINSTEIN as I see him called me and said they had a triathlon book I could use and look over; to get a feel for what was ahead of me. If I chose to take on this challenge. 

This is the customer service that bike shops have--they always seem to go out of their way to track me down and offer more assistance, more knowledge, more wisdom on the sport of cycling. 

Here is a review of a bike shop--triathlon right in the thick of network.

 "I bought my first bike here (Giant,) and I've been riding the weekly group rides around San Diego for about two months now: Awesome stuff, just joined the Tri-team and competed in my first Triathlon in Mission Bay. I recommend the bike-fit package they offer, my bike-fit has been virtually perfect. Good stuff! Mechanics are spot on, Team provides lot's of support to riders. Pretty good program."---Philip H. via Google review on Moment Cycle Sport. San Diego, CA. 

We can learn a ton from a small business like a bike shop--connecting with community on different  levels; entry, mid, advanced and pro---they are finding a niche for all levels, even the commuters as well.


Thinking about doing a TRI?????--stop by your shop and get a feel, meet new people and make lasting friends like I and millions of others have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment