Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bicycle Shop-------"ETHOS"



What exactly is ETHOS???????????

Seems to be the word heard a ton lately; it means the characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community as manifested in its beliefs and aspirations....

I am huge bicycle shop evangelist, and over the past two years since my bicycle ride from Indiana to Florida I have sunk into the art of customer service from a customer stand point...Not from what I have dished out over the years, but what I received from a bicycle shop.. I started looking into shops, reviews, basically the grit of what makes a bike shop flourish and stand out among the mega stores, on-line purchases, E-bay and Craigslist. 

Every shop I looked into all carried the same key principles of ETHOS---

Community
Knowledge
Bond
Customers First
Dollars Second
Connecting
I Have Walked The Talk
Friendly Atmosphere 

Basically shops are delivering top service to patrons on all different levels but the core remains the same--putting people before the dollar.....

We read reviews, see the 5 stars, see the positive feedback from staff, owner or weekend college help..

Bike shops are gaining speed, people want more one on one attention, they want to feel the passion of the store, the feel of the store, the smell and scent of the store....

The record players playing albums, yes albums.....Coffee, a beer and a good weekend day ride around the community on a bike...


No comments:

Post a Comment