Thursday, October 11, 2012

9 days to go, Indiana 2 Orlando.

9 days to go--and the bike is already..... It is funny to me, that 100 days ago I could not do more than 4 miles in one day--then that turned into 6 miles, 20, 50, 100 and 100 back to back and one run from Indianapolis to Cincinnati.

I feel this is a test to all people--not just a bike ride, but it is a test that we do not need to know much about anything in the beginning, we just need the drive to accomplish a mission. It was not just me that got me up to 1313 miles worth of training--it was the bike store next to my house, my friend who bikes all the time--they both were giving me tips, giving me knowledge, giving pointers....nutrition, sleeping, how many miles to ride, what tires to use, how often to fill air, what I need for 40 degree runs, and what I need when it is 100 out.

TEAMWORK -- is they whole key to this mission, and in my life--both at work, play and family. WE can not accomplish anything with out teamwork, assistance, and guidance...This bicycle ride down to Orlando, Florida is about team work, vision, and goals. 

Cancer, Suicide, Addictions and Literacy--all four are big powerful words. Down right a little scary when you read the statistics--but through teamwork, people helping people, people giving attention, people giving and sharing guidance--helping others day to day, is the key.

1033 miles from my house here in Carmel, Indiana  down to Amway Center in Orlando--8-9 days it will take me. But, these groups I am riding for need OUR help 365 days a year--Please join me in giving, for WE will be helping---click on link below to donate and learn about what I am riding for.

No comments:

Post a Comment