Tuesday, October 9, 2012

11 days to GO! Indiana to Florida

http://www.jimserger.com/1033/

It is funny how time sneaks up on us--no matter what, it always catches up with us.

90 days ago, June 19th I set out on my first bike ride and only accomplished 4 miles and I was winded.

I did Insanity Workout for 60 days before tackling this bike ride--but like anything else it is totally different.

1313 miles I have plowed through, each day taking on a different route, different challenge, different venues to prepare myself for what lies ahead.--no matter how prepared I think I am, I still have to push myself even further.

October 20th--my dad's 65th birthday. WOW!!!!!! My buddy, is 65. I still see him as 40 and I 20, or him 30 and I 10---that is the relationship I have with my dad.....years ago, him and I did not see eye to eye, yet today by putting our problems behind us and focusing on today, we were able to build back into a strong and healthy relationship. One of value, one of love and one that I will never forget 40 years from today.

Florida here I come--- I can't wait to get going, it will be fun, it will be adventures, and it is for others. A man once told me life is not complete until we do things for others, and ask for nothing in return....I thank him for telling me that, and I want to share that with others.....SERVANTHOOD--pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment