Sunday, January 6, 2013

The POWER of reading


“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.”


― Walt Disney Company

I really enjoy reading--I enjoy it day in and day out. But, in order for me to enjoy it and get out of it what I put in it, I must find a reading spot that is comfortable for me to read--I can not read in a cozy chair, I fall asleep. I cannot read in bed, once again I fall asleep. I have to sit at the dinning room table and read. There my mind is in the book, and not nodding off to sleep. Reading is an enjoyment we can do any time, any place--the key is to find yours. Find your spot; back porch, front swing, kitchen table. JUST READ, it will take you places you never thought you could go. The amazon jungle, Mars, the White House, Gettysburg, any where and any time we will be taken into thought, dreams, science--and if we can be taken there, where do you think kids will be taken? Read, Read and Read some more--1 book a week equals 52 books a year, take up the challenge. Start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment